Google I/O 2023 AI Updates
Here are a few highlights of several new AI tools and technologies which was announced on Google I/O 2023.
Google I/O is a yearly conference where Google announces new products and updates to their existing products. At the 2023 conference, Google announced several new AI-centric tools and features.
Here are some of the biggest announcements:
- Bard: Google's language model, Bard, is now available in English in over 180 countries and territories, as well as in Japanese and Korean, with plans to support 40 languages in the future. Bard can now surface images in its responses, and users can generate and modify images using Adobe's Firefly and Express.
- Google Workspace: Google Workspace suite now has AI capabilities to make it smarter, including automatic table generation in Sheets, image creation in Slides and Meet, and custom backgrounds in Meet.
- MusicLM: Google's new experimental AI tool that can turn text into music.
- Google Search: Google Search has two new features for better understanding the context of an image the user is viewing in the search results. Google is also experimenting with a conversational mode driven by AI that allows users to enquire further about the subject they are researching.
- Sidekick: A new tool called Sidekick is designed to provide better prompts and suggestions for users writing in Google Docs.
- Codey: Google's new code completion and code generation tool, specifically trained to handle coding-related prompts and queries related to Google Cloud in general.
- Google Cloud: Google introduced a new A3 supercomputer virtual machine and new AI models heading to Vertex AI, its fully managed AI service.
- Find My Device: Google introduced its own series of improvements to its Find My Device network, including proactive alerts about unknown trackers traveling with you with support for Apple's AirTag and others.
Overall, Google I/O 2023 was a whirlwind of exciting AI-related announcements, showcasing the company's continued dedication to innovating in this space. From improvements to its popular Workspace suite, to the introduction of new tools like MusicLM and Sidekick, it's clear that Google is committed to using AI to make our lives easier and more efficient. With the expansion of Bard to support more languages and the introduction of the Perspectives filter in Search, the company is also working to ensure greater transparency and credibility in the content we consume. The future impact of these new advances on how we engage with technology will be fascinating to watch.
Data Phoenix Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.